14 June, 2016
Orange County Medical Examiner’s Office Pulse Media Advisory | June 14, 2016
Orange County, FL – UPDATE: Media Advisory
The Orange County Medical Examiner’s Office has the following information to report regarding the status of their operations. As of June 14 at 3:30 p.m.:
- All forty-nine (49) victims and the suspect connected to Pulse Nightclub Orlando shooting have been identified.
- The immediate next of kin for all forty-nine (49) victims have been notified through the help of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- Autopsies are required to be conducted in all cases of homicide. The Medical Examiner (ME) expects to complete all autopsies within the next few hours.
- This is an active criminal investigation, therefore, the autopsy results and any reports generated will not release at this time. This includes funeral home information.
- Of the 49 victims, 20 victims have been released to a funeral home.
- The Orange County ME facility is equipped to manage mass casualty incidents of this size without the need to establish temporary morgues.
- Florida Emergency Mortuary Operations Response System (FEMOR) is providing direct operational support which includes additional physicians and technical staff.
- Local staff continues to work around the clock to complete the identification and autopsy process, so that families can proceed with arrangements for their loved ones.
- Plans for press availability are underway and will be released as soon as possible.