Work: 407-836-5818 | Mobile: 407-468-5289 | Email: Kelly.Finkelstein@ocfl.net
Mayor Teresa Jacobs Hosts 2018 Economic Summit on Jan. 19 at Orange County Convention Center
WHAT: Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs will host the 2018 Orange County Economic Summit on Jan. 19. The Summit will provide an overview on local job growth, economic success and workforce development.
WHO: Mayor Jacobs will be joined by local experts and distinguished panelists including:
- Sean Snaith, Ph.D., Director of the University of Central Florida Institute for Economic Competitiveness will present his highly anticipated annual economic update.
- The Funding & Growing Your Tech Enterprise in Central Florida Panel
- Tim Giuliani, President and CEO of the Orlando Economic Partnership
- Suneera Madhani, co-founder and CEO of Fattmerchant
- Shawn Seipler, Chief Executive Officer of Clean the World
- Chris Whitlow, founder and CEO of Edukate
WHERE: Orange County Convention Center, North Concourse – Room N320
9400 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, Fla. 32819
WHEN: Friday, Jan. 19. Registration begins at 8 a.m. The Summit begins at 9 a.m.
Following the Summit, Orange County will also host the third annual Florida TechMatch, an invitation-only event that paves the way for local technology companies and national industry leaders to build relationships, discuss contracts and explore possible mentoring opportunities.
BACKGROUND: The Mayor’s annual Economic Summit was launched in 2013 following a series of nine economic and job summits designed to examine the area’s varied needs.
Editor’s Note for Media: Media will be provided with audio mult and an unobstructed view from a platform in the middle of the ballroom. Mayor Jacobs, Sean Snaith, and other panelists will be available for interviews following the event. Media will be parked for close access and a live clean feed for video will be provided by Orange TV. For technical support, contact Orange TV at 407-222-5372 or Mike.Seif@ocfl.net.