FAMU Law Partners with Orange TV to Produce Legal Connections
Orange County, Fla – A creative partnership between Florida A&M University (FAMU) and Orange TV has produced a series of specialized legal programming called Legal Connections.
Legal Connections is a series of five-minute taped video segments featuring legal content. The segments include interviews with FAMU Law faculty, lawyers, legal experts, professionals, alumni, and more. The programming is designed to inform viewers of legal matters, to provide self-help tips and resources, and to raise awareness of FAMU Law. FAMU President Larry Robinson, Ph.D. also has a special segment called President’s Corner which features University highlights.
The segments are taped at Orange TV and in the field on a quarterly schedule.
“This is an excellent opportunity to communicate legal topics of concern to our community,” said FAMU Law Interim Dean Nicky Boothe Perry. “We are delighted to have Legal Connections as a platform and thank Orange TV for this opportunity.”
Legal Connections is hosted by FAMU alumna Kimra Major-Morris (Class of 2007), who is a practicing attorney in Orlando.
Legal Connections segments include:
- Texting and Driving Law, Florida Highway Patrol, Lt. Kim Montes
- Alumni Spotlight: Neurosurgeon and Esquire, Dr. Nazim Razack
- President’s Corner, FAMU President, Larry Robinson, Ph.D.
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), Orlando Chapter president, Cassandra Brown and Florida Chapter Managing Organizer, Natishia June
- Negro League Baseball and Segregation Laws, Professor of Law, FAMU Law, Joseph Grant
- Conviction Integrity Unity, Director, Monique Haughton Worrell
- FAMU Law Clinic Fellowship Program, Attorney, Kevin Nash
- FAMU Law Library, Director of Public Services, Lorelle Anderson
- HE GOT UP, Program Director, Beatrice Brown
- The Legal Aid Society, Attorney, Bethanie Barber
- Professional Responsibility, Interim Dean FAMU Law, Nicky Boothe Perry
- Self-Help Center, Director, Roberta Walton
- Study Abroad Experiences
- Cape Town, South Africa, FAMU Law student, Berlinie St. Fort
- Barcelona, Spain, FAMU Law alum (Class of 2019), Robert Bowen
- Virgil Hawkins Collection, FAMU Law Library, Director Yolanda Jones, Ph.D
Legal Connections is airing on Orange County Government’s Orange TV. FAMU TV 20 in Tallahassee is also airing Legal Connections. You may also view Legal Connections under Newsroom at law.famu.edu.
Orange TV is Your Government in Action! Watch on Channel 488 on Spectrum (formerly Bright House), Channel 9 on Comcast, 1081 CenturyLink Prism TV, WSWF Channel 10.2 -Digital Over the Air, on the web at OCFL.net/orangetv and now on ROKU in the Education category.
For more information about the FAMU College of Law, please visit law.famu.edu.
About FAMU College of Law
The FAMU College of Law is located in the heart of Downtown Orlando, just steps from the George C. Young United States Courthouse and Federal Building; and blocks from governmental offices, major law firms, large corporations and legal service agencies.
The college’s prime location provides students with direct access to the area’s largest employers of individuals with law degrees, offering our students and graduates ample avenues to gain practical experience in the legal profession.
With tuition among the lowest of the 13 law schools in Florida, along with a full-time day program and a part-time evening program, the college is distinctly positioned to offer the traditional student and the working professional a chance to earn a law degree while accruing minimal debt.
Thanks to its renowned faculty, the college focuses on academic excellence in the classroom; emphasizes practical experience and public service within its clinical programs; and stresses professionalism through its co-curricular activities.