Domestic Violence Commission Meeting Set for August 7, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
WHAT: Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings will reconvene the Domestic Violence Commission for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic. This virtual meeting will take place on August 7, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. The end goal of the Commission is to provide recommendations that can assist in tackling domestic violence in our community.
- Domestic Violence data and recent statistics
- Orange County Legislative Update
- COVID-19 Update
WHO: The Honorable Alice Blackwell, Ninth Judicial Circuit Judge and Mr. Dick Batchelor along with judges, the state attorney and public defender from the Ninth Judicial Circuit help chair the Commission. Law enforcement, service providers, community leaders as well as domestic violence survivors are on the Commission.
- Dr. Raul Pino, Health Officer, Florida Department of Health
- Kelley Teague, Legislative Affairs Director, Orange County Government
- Captain Mary Huggins, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
- Chief Deputy Jose Velez, Orlando Police Department
To schedule an interview, email PIO@ocfl.net
WHEN: August 7, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: All Domestic Violence Commission meetings will be available through Orange TV. A link to the meeting is located on the Orange County Government’s website. For more information visit www.ocfl.net/DVC.
If using WebEx the public/media can watch by following this link: