Kelly Finkelstein, Orange County Communications
407.468.5289 • PIO@ocfl.net
Mayor Jerry L. Demings to Provide Census Update and Encourage Participation Through Convenient Kiosks
WHAT: The September 30 deadline to complete the 2020 Census is approaching. With more than half of the municipalities in the County below a 70 percent self-response rate, Orange County is working on a final push to boost response rates. Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings will promote community participation in the survey, as well as showcase the new safe and secure Census kiosks located at all seven Orange County Community Centers. The kiosks will assist residents who may not be comfortable using a computer, or do not have ready access to the internet.
- East Orange Community Center 12050 E. Colonial Drive Orlando, FL 32826 407-254-9610
- Hal P. Marston Community Center 3933 W. D. Judge Drive, Suite B Orlando, FL 32808 407-836-8450
- Holden Heights Community Center 1201 20th St. Orlando, FL 32805 407-836-6777
- John Bridges Community Center 445 W. 13th St. Apopka, FL 32703 407-254-9449
- Maxey Community Center 830 Klondike St. Winter Garden, FL 34787 407-254-1970
- Pine Hills Community Center 6408 Jennings Road Orlando, FL 32818 407-254-9100 or 407-254-9107
- Taft Community Center 9450 S. Orange Avenue Orlando, FL 32824 407-254-1950
Locations are open Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., masks are required and all locations are following CDC guideline.
- Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings
- Lavon Williams, Manager, Orange County Community Action Division
- Melvin Pittman, Retired Orange County Department Director, Complete Count Committee Chair
- Jenny Gallego, Outreach Program, National Organization for Latino Elected and Appointed Officials, Complete Count Committee Vice Chair
- Channa Lloyd, Partnership Specialist, US Census Bureau
WHEN: Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2020 | 10:30 a.m.
WHERE: Holden Heights Community Center
1201 20th St.
Orlando, FL 32805
To learn more about the U.S. Census, visit: www.2020Census.gov
ON-SITE MEDIA CONTACT: Kelly Finkelstein
Orange County Public Information Officer
407-468-5289 or Kelly.Finkelstein@ocfl.net