Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings to provide Coronavirus Update | January 6, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
WHAT: Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings will host the county’s first news conference of 2021 briefing about COVID-19 and provide an update to Orange County residents about the goals for the week, vaccine updates, continued testing and more.
WHEN: January 6, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: Orange County Administration Center, 201 S. Rosalind Avenue, Orlando, Commission Chambers – 1st Floor
- Jerry L. Demings, Mayor, Orange County Government
- Buddy Dyer, Mayor, City of Orlando
- Raul Pino, Health Officer, Florida Department of Health in Orange County
- Phil Diamond, Orange County Comptroller
At the conclusion of the briefing, the following individuals will receive the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- Mabel Butler, former Orange County Commissioner who represented District 6 from 1990 to 1998
- Homer Hartage, former Orange County Commissioner who represented District 6 from 1998 through 2006
- Mel Martinez, former Orange County Mayor from 1998 through the end of 2000 and former HUD Secretary for President George W. Bush from 2001 through 2003 and former U.S. Senator from Florida from 2005 through 2007
During the question and answer portion of the news conference, reporters who are not present can text questions to Despina McLaughlin, 321-347-0033. (Please include reporter name/affiliation, who the question is for and the exact question).
If time permits, we will offer a recap of Mayor Demings’ remarks in Spanish immediately following the question and answer session.
In alignment with CDC guidelines, we ask that you wear a mask while working in the building. In effort to maintain six feet social distancing, please send only one reporter and photographer. We encourage you to utilize the clean video feed provided to limit people in the room.