Orange County Government, PIO@ocfl.net
UF/IFAS Extension, firstname.lastname@example.org
Orange County Mayor and Commissioners to Join UF/IFAS and Florida Department of Environmental Protection for Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ 30th Celebration
The Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ 30th Anniversary Celebration will include a garden tour and a screening party for the premier of the Flip My Florida Yard FFL 30th Anniversary special. Media are invited to gather photos/videos and interviews. UF/IFAS Extension in Orange County is a partnership between state, federal, and county governments to provide scientific knowledge and expertise to the public.
- Jerry L. Demings, Orange County Mayor
- Christine Moore, Orange County Commissioner, District 2
- Mayra Uribe, Orange County Commissioner, District 3
- Maribel Gomez-Cordero, Orange County Commissioner, District 4
- Emily Bonilla, Orange County Commissioner, District 5
- Dr. Andra Johnson, UF/IFAS Extension Dean
- Dr. Saqib Mukhtar, UF/IFAS Extension Associate Dean
- Darren Soto, US House of Representatives
- Staff member from U.S. Congressman Maxwell Frost’s office
February 24, 2023 at 2 p.m.
UF/IFAS Extension Orange County Office
6021 S. Conway Road
Orlando, FL 32812
Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ (FFL) is the state’s premier program promoting sustainable alternatives to conventional landscaping. The program’s nine principles provide guidance on low-impact, environmentally friendly, science-based landscape practices that use less water and reduce pollution to Florida waters. For 2021, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection estimated that FFL-related nitrogen reduction projects prevented 119,564 pounds of nitrogen from entering Florida’s waters. This year, the program turns 30 and we’re celebrating.