Census Deadline Fast Approaching: Orange County Offers Efficient Census Kiosks
Orange County Government is offering Census kiosks located in the County’s neighborhood community centers. You can visit one of the kiosks and fill out the 10-question Census if you have not already. The Census only takes a few minutes to complete and your efforts will greatly benefit the community. Staff is available at each location to assist individuals who want to use the kiosks that were supplied by U.S. Census officials. The deadline to complete the Census is fast approaching. It ends on September 30, 2020.
“We want everyone to do their part to help us get an accurate count,” said Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings at a recent Census 2020 news conference at the Holden Heights Community Center. “An accurate count ensures adequate federal funding to help our residents.”
An accurate Census count ensures proper funding for roads, hospitals, public safety resources as well as crisis assistance to residents. Information is safe and secure in the Census and is not shared with any other agency. Records are also sealed for 72 years.
For more information about the Census, visit www.ocfl.net/Census2020.
Watch an Orange TV video about the importance of the Census and the kiosks work:
Census kiosks are available at the following Neighborhood Centers for Families:
- East Orange Community Center 12050 E. Colonial Drive Orlando, FL 32826 407-254-9610
- Hal P. Marston Community Center 3933 W. D. Judge Drive, Suite B Orlando, FL 32808 407-836-8450
- Holden Heights Community Center 1201 20th St. Orlando, FL 32805 407-836-6777
- John Bridges Community Center 445 W. 13th St. Apopka, FL 32703 407-254-9449
- Maxey Community Center 830 Klondike St. Winter Garden, FL 34787 407-254-1970
- Pine Hills Community Center 6408 Jennings Road Orlando, FL 32818 407-254-9100 or 407-254-9107
- Taft Community Center 9450 S. Orange Avenue Orlando, FL 32824 407-254-1950
Photo cutline: Mayor Jerry L. Demings at a Census 2020 news conference held recently at the Holden Heights Community Center.