(407) 254-9682 / Cell: (407) 399-1472 or Nicole.Jackson@ocfl.net
Orange County Utilities Hosts Community Collection of Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste in Apopka
Orange County, FL – Orange County Utilities invites Orange County residents to its Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste* Community Collection Event on Saturday, October 17, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Apopka High School located at 555 West Martin Street, Apopka, FL 32712. Participants will have the opportunity to properly dispose of hazardous and electronic waste – free of charge.
The following items will be accepted:
- Paint (oil & latex based)
- Rechargeable & lead acid batteries
- Propane tanks (20-lb. max)
- Cooking oil & grease
- Drain cleaners & pool chemicals
- Varnish & stains
- Automobile fluids & cleaning products
- Household chemicals
- Mercury-containing lamps & devices
- Pesticides & herbicides
Participants are prohibited from bringing biologically active materials, radioactive materials, explosives, tires, ammunition, fireworks, emergency flares, prescription drugs, or pressurized cylinders.
*An item is considered electronic waste if it contains a circuit board.
**Rear-projection TVs are not accepted.