Be Storm Ready with Sandbags: Orange County Residents Encouraged to “Dig in” for Free Sandbags
WHAT: In an effort to prepare for the peak of hurricane season, Orange County Government is hosting a free self-serve sandbag program for residents at five Orange County park locations starting Aug. 19, 2019 through Aug. 31, 2019. The program is free and open to all Orange County residents.
The Self-Serve Sandbag Program includes:
- Do-it-yourself sandbag filling and upon arrival to the park go to the onsite park office to check and receive instructions
- All supplies will be provided (e.g., bags, tools, sand)
- Limit 10 sandbags per household
- Residents will be provided with a “how-to” instructional sheet regarding how to fill, store and dispose of sandbags.
- Must present valid ID with Orange County residence
- Sandbags available for filling on a first come, first serve basis.
WHEN: August 19 – 31, 2019
WHERE: All sites are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday – Sunday with the exception of West Orange Recreation Center on Sundays from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Barnett Park – 4801 W. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32808
- Blanchard Park – 2451 N. Dean Road, Orlando, FL 32817
- Bithlo Community Park – 18501 Washington Avenue, Orlando, FL 32820
- Meadow Woods Recreation Center/Meadow Woods Park – 1751 Rhode Island Woods Circle, Orlando, FL 32824
- West Orange Recreation Center – 309 S. West Crown Point Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787 – This center has limited hours on Sundays 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
VIDEO: Get Sandbag Ready