Be Storm Ready with Sandbags: Orange County Residents Encouraged to “Dig in” for Free Sandbags Sunday, July 24 – Sunday, August 7, 2022
WHAT: In an effort to prepare for the peak of hurricane season, Orange County Government is hosting a free self-serve sandbag program for residents at five Orange County park locations starting Sunday, July 24, through Sunday, August 7, 2022. The program is free and open to all Orange County residents.
The Self-Serve Sandbag Program includes:
- Do-it-yourself sandbag filling
- Bags and sand are provided
- Limit of 10 sandbags per household
- Residents must bring their own tools (e.g., shovels) to fill the bags
- Residents will be provided with a “how-to” instructional sheet regarding how to fill, store and dispose of sandbags.
- Must present valid ID
- Sandbags available for filling on a first-come, first-serve basis
WHEN: Sunday, July 24 – Sunday, August 7, 2022
WHERE: All sites are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday – Sunday
Upon arrival to one of the below parks, go to the onsite park office to receive bags and instructions.
- Barnett Park – 4801 W. Colonial Dr., Orlando, FL 32808
- Downey Park – 10107 Flowers Ave., Orlando, FL 32825
- Bithlo Community Park – 18501 Washington Ave., Orlando, FL 32820
- Meadow Woods Recreation Center/Meadow Woods Park – 1751 Rhode Island Woods Circle, Orlando, FL 32824
- West Orange Recreational Complex – 309 S. West Crown Point Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Media Interviews are available upon request. Please send your requests to Darrell.Moody2@ocfl.net.