Orange County Government TV Wins Seven Prestigious Telly Awards
Honoring Excellence in Local, Regional and Cable Television
Orange County Government access channel Orange TV has been honored by the 40th Annual Telly Awards as winners in seven categories. Orange TV received one gold, one silver and five bronze 2019 Telly Awards for excellence in video and television by industry peers.
Orange TV continues to raise the bar on creating high-quality and compelling content. The Gold Telly winner, First Shift – in which Orange County Fire Rescue officially introduces its newest and “furriest” member of the fire family – was recognized in the Social Video: Not-for-Profit category. Orange County Fire Rescue’s #LipSyncChallenge – Whatever It Takes video – in which Orange County Fire Rescue brings the heat in a lip sync challenge – was the Silver Telly winner in the Social Video: Most Viral category.
The five Bronze Telly winners and their categories are as follows:
- Scrapbook – Genome in Television: Education — this video featured the Orange County History Center’s exhibit titled, “Genome: Unlocking Life’s Code.”
- Pioneers and Trailblazers in Television: History — take a journey back in time with pioneer woman “Mary Prescott” from the Orange County Regional History Center
- Extension Solutions in Television: Information — a program co-produced by Orange TV and UF/IFAS Extension – Orange County about selecting seeds, 4-H archery and how to submit a picture for identification.
- Be Aware, Prepare|Hurricane Preparedness in Local TV: Campaign – Not-for-Profit — series of videos on how to prepare for hurricanes, including Tree Trimming, Sandbags, Lake Safety and Generator Safety.
- Voices of the Region in Local TV: Not-for-Profit — a highlight of Orange County’s regional small business and entrepreneurial success stories.
“These awards only recognize the best of the best, so winning on this level is a prestigious honor,” said Mike Seif, Orange TV Manager. “We work hard to create quality programming and give residents the value-added government access they deserve, so this type of recognition is very gratifying for all of us.”
Orange TV televises programming related to Orange County Government services and activities as well as important regional issues.
The Telly Awards honor excellence in local, regional and cable television across all screens. The organization receives more than 12,000 entries from around the world and selects and showcases the best work. Award winners represent work from some of the most respected advertising agencies, television stations, production companies and publishers.
To learn more about The Telly Awards and the winning organizations that have been selected, visit www.TellyAwards.com.
Orange TV, is carried on Spectrum Channel 488, Comcast Channel 9, CenturyLink Channel 1081, digital over-the-air on 10.2, the Roku App Store and many government and local meetings are streamed live and archived for the public at www.ocfl.net.