Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings to provide Coronavirus Update | April 8, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
WHAT: Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings will host a news briefing about COVID-19 and provide an Orange County update.
WHEN: April 8, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: Orange County Administration Center, 201 S. Rosalind Avenue, Orlando, Commission Chambers – 1st Floor
- Jerry L. Demings, Mayor, Orange County Government
- Mayor Buddy Dyer, City of Orlando
- Dr. Raul Pino, Health Officer, Florida Department of Health
- Phil Diamond, Comptroller, Orange County Comptroller’s Office
- Local student leaders from UCF, Rollins College, Valencia College and Winter Park High School
The 18 – 25-year-old age group continues to have high COVID-19 positivity rates in Orange County. In an effort to encourage this age group to be vaccinated, immediately following the briefing, the Florida Department of Health in Orange County will administer the COVID-19 vaccine to various student leaders, including a Winter Park High School senior and student athlete, a UCF student government representative, a Valencia College student who served on the Mayor’s Economic Recovery Task Force and a Rollins College student who serves as Vice President of the Black Student Union.
Attending and available for questions following the briefing.
- Scott Howat, Chief Communications Officer, Orange County Public Schools
- Mark Tester, Executive Director, Orange County Convention Center
- Cassandra Matej, President and Chief Executive Officer, Visit Orlando
During the question and answer portion of the news conference, reporters who are not present can text questions to Kelly Finkelstein, 407-468-5289. (Please include reporter name/affiliation, who the question is for and the exact question).
In alignment with CDC guidelines, we ask that you wear a mask while working in the building. In effort to maintain six feet social distancing, please send only one reporter and photographer. We encourage you to utilize the clean video feed provided to limit people in the room.