Mayor Jerry L. Demings to host Annual Veterans Day Ceremony
Event to be held Thursday, November 9, at 12 PM
Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings, County Commissioners, and the Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Council will honor local veterans, and active-duty members of the United States Armed Forces, with a Veterans Day ceremony. The Orange County Veterans Day Ceremony will be held at the Orange County Administration Center Front Lawn on November 9, 2023, at 12 noon.
The one-hour ceremony will be led by the Orange County Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Council Chair, Fred Robinson. The program will include band performances by local high schools, a resolution presentation from Mayor Demings, and a keynote address by Andy Marshall, Former State and National Commander, Disabled American Veterans. In addition, all Veterans and active-duty members will receive special recognition from Mayor Demings and the Veterans Advisory Council members.
“We must never forget the gratitude we owe to our veterans for their unwavering commitment and sacrifice to defend this great nation and protect our freedom,” said Mayor Demings. “Thank you to all who have served and continue to serve in the United States Armed Forces.”
To learn more about the Orange County Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Council or services available for veterans in Orange County, visit www.ocfl.net/VeteransAdvisoryCouncil.
Mayor Demings and members of the Veterans Advisory Council will be available for media interviews immediately following the ceremony.
- Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings
- Orange County Commissioners
- Orange County Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Council
Thursday, November 9, 2023, from 12 PM – 1 PM. Program is approximately 60 minutes in length.
Orange County Administration Center – Front Lawn
201 S. Rosalind Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801
Orange TV will carry the ceremony live. Viewing options include Channel 488 on Spectrum. Channel 9 on Comcast, 1081 CenturyLink Prism TV, WSWF Channel 10.2 (over the air), stream live at www.ocfl.net/orangetv and you can view via the Orange TV app on ROKU in the Education category.
Orange County Veterans Day Ceremony – Honoring Our Veterans | November 9, 2023, 12 PM
- Welcome – Fred Robinson, Chair, Orange County Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Council
- Presentation of Colors
- National Anthem
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Invocation – Paulette Julien, US Navy Veteran, Chaplain, Orange County Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Council
- Song: God Bless America
- Remarks & Resolution Presentation – Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings
- Introduction of Keynote Speaker – Fred Robinson, Chair, Orange County Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Council
- Keynote Speaker – Andy Marshall, Former State and National Commander, Disabled American Veterans
- Flag Unfurling Ceremony
- Presentation Ceremony to Veterans – Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings, Fred Robinson, and John Gionet of the Orange County Veterans Advisory Council
- Retirement of Colors
- Benediction – Paulette Julien, US Navy Veteran, Chaplain, Orange County Veterans Advisory Council
- Closing Remarks – Fred Robinson, Chair, Orange County Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Council